GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Ellen Tracy, Kensie, Ivanka Trump, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Designer to join it's Calvin Klein Social Dresses team based in New York City!
- Research in current fashion & culture.
- Create mood / inspiration board.
- Present new direction & idea to team members and directors
- Pitch original fabric development.
- Develop CAD design / artwork.
- Approve / Reject fabric development that’s suitable for brand’s aesthetic & product margin goal.
- Input both design & technical detail of each garment.
- 3 stages of tech-pack for each garment: Initial development - Show Room Sample - Bulk Production
- 3 to 5 stages of fittings (Proto, SRS, Bulk process) to ensure fit and quality of product to be delivered to the store & customers.
- Attend sales review, Costing review, Supply & Demand review to reflect retail reaction to design process to achieve higher margin & sale goal.
Constantly research & self-educate to be up to date with foremost fashion, trend and culture.
- Market research: Contemporary & luxury brand boutiques & department store, online retailers.
- Current publication research: Magazines, Blog, Trend & Forecasting subscription, Vintage / archive research.